My mom had an echocardiogram today to make sure her heart was unaffected by the MRSA infection in her bloodstream... and the echo found something that might be an abscess on her atrial valve.
The nurse practitioner was apparently not too concerned, and said worst cacse scenario, my mom might have to be on IV antibiotics for six weeks instead of four weeks.
However, her oncologist's partner said that he doesn't want her to receive chemotherapy while she's on the antibiotics.
And that's scaring me quite a bit. If her cancer is aggressive, then postponing treatment seems really scary.
I don't know that there's anything to be done about it, but I'm anxious.
I keep thinking that I should head up there... but the same obstacles still exist, plus there's a new one... Boston is expected to receive 18-24 inches of snow this weekend. But I mentioned the trip as a remote possibility to my brother (after I mentioned it to my mother and she vetoed it) and he put some not so subtle pressure on me to come anyway.
On top of all this, our nanny has just told us that she would like to work only eight hours a day, instead of ten. Starting as soon as we can find someone to babysit.
Eek. Not what I was hoping for, another change, right now.
My nanny-share partner asked one of my neigbors in the building if she knew anyone, and it turns out that this woman babysits several children in her apartment, right on my floor. That seems like a potentially great solution, but of course I'm already predicting that the TV is on all the time and that Calliope will start eating lots of sugar as a result of this arrangement.
It's possible that this is not the absolutely best time for me to try to figure this all out.