Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Fun Photos

Mostly from yesterday, when I was twin mom for a day -- nanny needed a day off, so it was my turn to go solo with the girls for the first time.

All I can say is... you twin moms complain far too much! It was totally easy.

Heh.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

It actually went pretty darn well. We went for a very, very short walk (as in, we walked to the front of one building over, maybe 50 feet away) in the morning, to check out the falling snow. The girls didn't seem all that impressed. Eleanor kept plopping down on the sidewalk and Calliope kept attempting to dart into traffic.

After that, we had a play date in the morning, which helped a lot, I think. The diversion of another child and another mom helped Calliope from noticing as much when I needed to pay attention to Eleanor, which she was otherwise none to thrilled by. And then the afternoon went by pretty quickly, what with naps, bathtime, and especially because we went out for a quick outing to CVS to buy glycerine so we could make our own bubbles... some day.

Oh well.

The only major hiccups were putting Eleanor in the tub with her socks on -- sorry Eleanor, it took me a minute to figure out why you were squawking -- and then, after Calliope aborted her bath tub experience, Eleanor pooping in the tub.

Despite the fact that I reviewed the tub rules with both girls prior to bath time. I sat them on their respective potties and lectured them sternly, trying not to focus on Eleanor too much, who has a prior history, ahem, saying, "The number one rule of bath time is: THOU SHALT NOT POOP IN THE TUB."

No one is happy to hear a grunt and then a splash. Not good. Not good at all.

All the ladies love the bare chest/fur scarf/diaper look

What is love? Baby don't hurt me.

Eleanor's look of glee cleverly conceals her sinister plan



Her first ponytail!

Out in falling snow for the first time... this captures the only split second where they were in close proximity.

5 comments:

  1. I have a day coming up where I am going to have two as well! Our daycare is closed a few days each year for training and I am going to split the time with another mom. Should be really interesting--definitely need to up my baby proofing game before then! I am impressed with everything you accomplished. I am just hoping to get through both meals and get a nap time in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be something in the air today, we had a poopy bath too!

    It's so fun to see how the girls have grown and changed so much lately! I'm a bit jealous that they have such a great built in friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Looks like a fun, if exhausting day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah but now you have a pet name to call her for the rest of her life. "Is this your new boyfriend, my lil Tub Pooper?"

    ReplyDelete