Friday, November 14, 2014

Comments From Calliope

"Mommy, why do dogs pee and poop on the street?"

"Well, have you ever seen a doggy use a potty? They don't know how to use the potty so they have to go pee and poop outside."

"Oh! Dogs don't have belly buttons because they don't know how to use the potty yet!"

(Made perfect sense to her, anyway, if not to me.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Lying on the couch together and looking at her small legs next to my longer ones.

"Mommy, someday I'm going to have big feet like you."

"Yes, that's true."

"And I'll have hair on my tushy!"

"Yes, that's true, too."

"And I'll have a really big belly button like you!"

(Well, my sweets, only if you are unlucky enough to end up with an umbilical hernia like me, as a result of pregnancies with you and your sister.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Calliope, sometimes pregnant women -- that is, women with babies in their bellies -- get tummy aches and have to take tummy medicine (aka the tropical flavored Tums I take that Calliope is enamored with).

At 6:15 the next morning, a Saturday, of course, 

"Mommy, the baby in my belly needs medicine!"

Sigh. 


1 comment:

  1. Out of the mouths of babes...when I told Elena we'd have to clean out some of the toys she doesn't play with anymore to make room for the new ones she's going to get at Christmas, she told me she had to keep them for the baby in her tummy...kids!!

    ReplyDelete