Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Twenty Two Plus Weeks


































At my midwife appointment yesterday, I was twenty two weeks (plus four days) but my uterus was measuring [at least] twenty-four weeks!

According to Chris, this doesn't mean my baby is unduly large or anything like that. I think things just stretch out a lot faster the second time around. I hope so. I'm scared of delivering a giant baby.

Last I checked, I was up nine pounds. I think this photo makes me look a little smaller than I feel (angling the camera down away from the overhead light will do that).

I mostly feel pretty good, but I've slowed down climbing stairs. And I am getting stomach aches pretty frequently, especially after dinner. Nothing to do but climb into bed... sometimes by 8 pm.

I'm excited that in just over a week, the baby will be officially (if minimally) viable. Of course I don't want her born any time soon but it's crazy to think that it's even possible. That a bunch of cells thrown into my body could turn out a real living person. Wild.

6 comments:

  1. It seems to be going by so fast! Cute little beach ball there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous! Even crazier to think that little ball of cells will equal Calliope in personality, heart, and your love for her! It's going to be fun to watch C grow into the big sis role!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a cute pregnant woman!!!

    As for measuring big...I had a friend that was pregnant at the same time as me, she was two months behind me. when I was 9 months, we would go places and everyone thought she was three months ahead of me because her belly was so large and mine was a little smaller than expected. When our boys were both born mine was a week early and just over 8 pounds, (and two months later) her's a week late and just over 6 pounds. It turned out she just had a lot more amniotic fluid. Since then, I never make an assumption about baby's size by looking at a mom's belly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I marvel about that, too, how a little ball of cells can grow into a living, breathing, wonderful little child. Crazy.

    You look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete