Friday, April 1, 2011

The Human Dumpster (a very boring post)

That's what I feel like.

The last day or two, I just keep dumping more food in, and... nothing.

Well, that's not true, exactly. I get full more quickly the last week or two. But then, as if by magic, an hour or two later, I'm hungry again. It feels unbelievable, how much I am eating. And how quickly I get hungry again.

But there's no question of not eating... it's more a question of, can I wait 5-10 minutes, or do I have to eat RIGHT NOW. That's about all the flexibility I've got.

My belly has grown magically this week as well. It sticks out a lot in the middle, but not much at all on the sides... so it looks vaguely cone-shaped. Alas, I have a feeling my sides are not far behind in their own personal growth spurt.

I ate fish twice this week, and shrimp twice more. Still trying, gently, to work towards this Weston Price ideal of nutrition.

I've worked out three times this week... not including the weekend. And these were not impressive workouts. Less than 30 minutes, all. But I'm trying to keep my hand in. Adding a minute here, a minute there, when I can (time is the issue more than fitness... it's just that it's so hard to get my ass out of bed in the morning to work out.... though lately after my 30 minute weekend workouts, I'm tired) I have a fear of labor without some level of fitness. So I'm trying to get back to at least 30 minutes (ideally longer on weekends), 5 days a week. It's a long uphill battle at the moment. My quads hurt.

I'm trying to do right by my body, here. It's confusing sometimes, knowing what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment