Thursday, April 26, 2012

Infatuated

Drinking (kefir) from a glass is good and messy


I am newly obsessed (again) with my baby. She's just extra awesome right now.

I realized that one of the reasons I didn't enjoy our time off together all that much was that I was very focused on the EC, and on keeping her diaper free, and watching for any signals that she needed to pee or poop, and cleaning up resultant messes on the floor. That plus sleep deprivation was just a whole lot of unnecessary stress.

Lesson learned: first and foremost, enjoy your baby.

She is increasingly affectionate, with loads of kisses plastered wetly on my face (the nose is a particular favorite -- she likes to take my entire nose in her mouth and just very lightly touch her teeth to the skin, being careful not to bite down -- this is not my personal favorite). And she just giggles and laughs and smiles all the time.

Crawling is on the near horizon. This morning I put her down on my bed while I got dressed, which she was not happy about, and even while she was fussing, she was up on her hands and knees, rocking back and forth.

She is still scooting backwards, and gets frustrated when she backs into a piece of furniture that prevents her from scooting further.

Oh, and last night she slept until 5:30 am, cried briefly, then slept until nearly 6, when it appeared she was up for the day. (This was with me sleeping on the pulled-out-couch -- what a difference to sleep on an actual bed, even a not very good one, with sheets and everything!)

My mom suggested erecting a screen between our beds, and I may try that if my presence continues to be an issue. I'd really rather not move just yet. The financial difference of a one versus two bedroom is not insignificant. But I also don't want to spend my life sleeping on the couch, pulled out or not.

1 comment:

  1. I really started to enjoy Elena around eight months & it keeps getting better from there...yeah for the decent sleep!

    ReplyDelete