Saturday, April 7, 2012

Results

So I did it!

I got up at 5:45 (okay, 6 am) on my first day off.

It wasn't terrible. I didn't die. I did a half-ass job on my strengthening DVD, but I did nearly finish the whole thing (I shortened the abs section because my abs were finished) and even had time for a shower because Calliope slept a little late.

And you know?

I still felt like crap all day.

The fact that she slept in, and I could've gotten another hour of sleep?

Killer.

So I lay down with her for a morning nap, though I got up before she did. And tried to accomplish things, but didn't, because I was so damn tired.

And had to lie down again during her afternoon nap, though I didn't manage to sleep.

So here's the deal: when you don't get enough sleep, you're tired. Whether or not you stick to a schedule or not.

Given that I am off of work for ten days, I may try again, in another day or two. Today was already much better, energy-wise, though I still wasn't able to get a lot done. But I did do an energizing workout on the elliptical which I actually enjoyed, during her nap.

I simply have to find a way to go to bed earlier. Where I will find the discipline to make myself do so... I'm not sure. That's the struggle. And the solution.

Starting now.

(Which is why my post is without photos.)

No comments:

Post a Comment