Monday, August 27, 2012

Bragging

... because I got the news this morning that my movers thought I was moving tomorrow and I thought I was moving today. And I freaked out for a few minutes, sure, but mostly... I was okay.

Lately I've found that when something upsetting happens, I think, "well, however bad this is, the situation won't be helped by me getting really stressed out... so I reckon I'll stay calm."

This is a change for me. Not that I was the world's worst stress case before, but still, I'm a lot more zen than I used to be. I'm not sure what caused the change, but I welcome it nonetheless.

Here's a photo my brother just sent from our Rhode Island vacation. Much more flattering than the last one.


























And now, time to pack up the modem! (The movers agreed to send two guys over at mid-day with a van and two dollies... the rest of the crew should be here by early evening, fingers crossed. Two moves ago, I didn't finish until 2 am, so I'm sure hoping we do better this time. But the baby's room is, at least, nearly ready for her. If only they remembered to bring her rug, as promised.)


4 comments:

  1. Cute picture of the two of you together! I hope the rest of the move goes smoothly, and you are able to get settled in quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo! She's getting so BIG!! Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an awesome photo! I bet it would look good framed in your new home! Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the move and first nights in separate bedrooms went well!

    ReplyDelete