Thursday, August 30, 2012

Rip 60

Okay, it's a totally ridiculous name, but I'm starting this new exercise program and I'm excited about it.

I have gradually tried to ramp things up a bit over the summer, but was feeling like I needed a new challenge. Running is out for the moment because of plantar fasciitis.

When I was visiting my cousin, I tried a couple of her workout DVDs, one from a program called Insanity and another called P90X.

They were hard! But I noticed that I felt stronger afterwards.

And then last week, in Rhode Island, I tried my brother's Rip 60 program -- it's an 8 week program and includes a pulley system so you can use your own body weight for resistance. I like the concept, and I liked the workout. There were a couple parts that were ridiculously hard, like these things called Burpees, but the total time committment isn't too great -- the first week is 50 minutes, I think the longest week is 60 minutes -- and my brother looks pretty amazing.

So I'm going to give it a shot. My brother generously ordered it for me as a gift, and I did my first official workout yesterday.

I'm not planning to do it every day (at least to start, I plan to alternate with elliptical or biking, now that I finally have my bike, complete with baby seat, in the city), so my first "week" will probably be at least two weeks.

Still, I'm really excited. I am hoping that a new fitness challenge will help me do better with getting enough sleep and also with feeling more energized and focused when I return to work.

2 comments:

  1. Let me know how it goes! I'm DYING to get some kind of exercise routine in place! Also, I'm hoping to finally get my bike fixed this weekend, so if you want to do a baby bikeride sometime, we definitely should! PS LOVE your new place - thanks again for a great breakfast playdate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep us posted on how you like it! I'm not in the market for a new exercise routine right now, but I will be!

    ReplyDelete