Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Post Script

You know how I mentioned in my last post that we've sometimes been doing nights diaper-free? I've been meaning to write a post on that.

Well, last night I had originally planned to do a diaper-free night because she'd been dry the previous two nights, but then she just went off the rails so dramatically right at bedtime that I decided it wasn't the right night. It seems like she does best with staying dry when she's not overtired.

Of course, then she took off her diaper when putting on the giraffe costume. Because, you know, giraffes don't wear diapers. Obviously.

Or something.

She always takes off her underwear, too, to try things on. Thus it was that she was naked in Eleanor's apartment the other day when she spied Eleanor's snowpants and wanted to try them on.

Anyway, I had just shrugged my shoulders and not fought it. Because I didn't want to take her out of the crib and try to wrestle her into a diaper when she wanted the giraffe costume.

And so, naturally, she completely soaked the bed. At only 12:30 am.

Seemed a fitting end to the evening.

(After just reading Claire's post, I feel I have no right to complain. So this isn't complaining. It's just a wry shrug of the shoulders. I figured maybe it was almost funny.)

No comments:

Post a Comment